Wednesday, July 9, 2008

New Blogs


Hey guys (all two of you who still check this!)! I hope your summer has been wonderful. Mine has been uneventful and fun. I just wanted to let you know that I have set up a couple of new blogs for my classes next year. You guys from Holocaust Lit are welcome to stay active in the new Never Forget blog. In fact, I would love it! The blog address is http://davishlit.blogspot.com.
I am going to use it much the same as the one I did last year. Josh, I think you will LOVE the background! Just for curiosity's sake, I am also setting up http://davisIIh.blogspot.com for English II Honors and http://davisap.blogspot.com for AP. I will use these two kind of like the one last year with some added things. I am going to do a weekly calender on them, too.

Holocaust Lit people: I have not forgotten the garden. I have not been able to find anyone to make it. Then, this past week, I was looking at "The Old House" magazine and I found an idea for a planter out of materials that will be much easier to make (same design). I am going to be talking to someone about it this week. I know we have gone long into summer, but we are going to do it, I promise. I just hated to spend that kind of money, you know (and we don't have that much!)?

Anyway, check out the new backgrounds (no posting yet) and have a great summer (what's left of it!)!

4 comments:

Josh said...

Mrs. Davis!!

Yeah I still check back here every now and then. :) Yep, my summer has been amazing. Went to France and just got back from Florida. Wooo. haha. Hope you and everyone else has a great rest of summer break.

Ok amazing picture on the blog Mrs. Davis. Random but we did not get to go to the Holocaust Memorial in Paris. I wish we could have gone but we just didn't have enough time to go. So I'll have to do that next summer. :) *We were near it though. haha

Sounds good on the planter Mrs. Davis. Can't wait to hear more about it. Nice backgrounds on all of your blogs. :)

Later-
Josh

Anonymous said...

well um... hi. I got to see what all was left of the Warsaw Ghetto and sadly it's just like half of a brick wall or something. They really tore most of it down and it seems like they try to forget that it even happened. I also went to Barcelona, London, and the C.R. I'll have to tell you all about it. I'm also getting paid money to play in Vanderbilts marching band so I have to do that pretty soon. But I just thought i'd check in with you I haven't talked to you since school has been out. I hope your classes have some smart kids in them next year and that you enjoy yourself i'll come by and visit your Holocaust class i'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, I miss Holocaust Lit already.
It was honestly the most constructive class I've ever taken. It encouraged me to look at the emotional aspects of literature and, in a sense, really get to know the people we learned about--survivors and those who didn't make it as well as the people responsible for such devastation.
And I'm still using what I've learned, believe it or not. Several years ago I read "Schindler's List" but I've decided that maybe now I'll appreciate it more after such an informative class. Thanks, Mrs. Davis, for giving me a reason to stop being lazy and read an amazing book :D
Unfortunately, I didn't go on any culturally eye-opening vacations this summer... Josh and Brock, you guys have me beat. The Bahamas was pretty cool, but Europe would have been my choice if i had been in charge. Haha :)
Speaking of Brock, since I'm kind of stuck with him at college, I'll make sure we take some trips to come back and visit. I know he'll miss you as much as I will :(
I'll definitely keep up with the Never Forget blog. Have a great year, Mrs. Davis!

P.S. Emily likes your class a lot :D

A. Davis said...

Great to hear from you all, my old friends. I miss all of you a lot! Listen, if you want to tell me something and actually want a RESPONSE, email me at adavis@clevelandschools.org
OK? I hope you are tremendously successful this year, be it in college or in your senior year!!!
(And Allison, I didn't go anywhere exotic either, and I like Emily a lot too.)