Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Clean Slate

The first nine weeks is now behind us. All grades are starting over, completely fresh and new. Everyone has a clean slate, if you will. Now is the time to decide to change the habits from last grading period, if you weren't happy with your grades. Now is the time to reinforce the good habits and attitudes from last grading period, if you are pleased with the results. But whatever you choose to do for the next nine weeks, there are still nine more weeks of school. Nine more weeks of assignments, tests, projects, and grades... I don't know about you, but I am happy to have nine weeks left with you guys. This has probably been the best semester I have had in several years, across the board. I am so enjoying the subject matter, the three different classes, and each of you and your unique personalities. Thanks for making my job fun, if not always easy! You might have heard it said, "Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life." I can testify to that statement and I can say to you that it is the best advice I could give as far as your future and your career. Have a wonderful spring break and be ready to work hard when you return!!!

2 comments:

Josh said...

I'll be an overachiever and post to this. haha.

Amen, Mrs. Davis! :)

I'm glad you are having the time of your teaching career! I'm also certainly glad we are making it fun for you.

Just have to say though, I've had the time of my high school career from this Holocaust class. No, I'm not just saying that. I really mean it. My eyes and ears have been open to things that I've never learned before. I appreciate you, Mrs. Davis, for teaching the class and taking ALL of your time into extensive research for us!!!

I hope all of you have an excellent Spring Break!!!

God Bless!!!
Josh

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you had a nice spring break Mrs.Davis, I really enjoyed the first nine weeks in your class. They really helped open my eyes to what the Holocaust was really like. I think I speak for the whole class when I say we are really looking foward to the last nine weeks in your class, and that time is just going by way to fast. You have been an awesome teacher.
See You Around,
Micah Kidwell