Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Shakespeare Overload?

My English II class finished Julius Caesar yesterday and my AP class started Macbeth. (We finished Hamlet about a week ago.) Do you think there is any such thing as too much Shakespeare?!?! I feel like I am starting to think and talk in Shakespearean language...

My English II class worked very hard today on a cool Caesar project. They created front pages for a newspaper from March, 44 BC. It was so much fun listening to them debate within their groups, "No, Portia wouldn't have been dead yet," or "Antony wouldn't have said that," or, my personal favorite (in reponse to the requirement that one advertisement be included) "Swords 'R Us!!!" I will take some pictures tomorrow and post them on here.

We had a nice discussion in AP today about their futures and how they are feeling at this point in their educational careers. They seem pretty self-confident and assured, possibly more so than most seniors at this point in the year. I think they will do well in life. I am always anxious to see them evolve into adults during this final semester of their senior year.

Stay posted for more exciting days in room 222! :)

No comments: