Monday, March 31, 2008

English II, the Holocaust Unit, and Night


I know that a few of you from English II have been reading the blogs and I would love for you to use this posting to respond to our Holocaust unit and to Night. I know that we just started the book today, but I am curious to hear your responses so far. I am very pleased with the interest you have shown in the unit and the questions you have. Night is such a beautifully written book and what I love about it is that he presents, in such a concise work, a complete Holocaust experience, from Jewish life before to the ghettos to the deportations and camp, to liberation. I hope that you will get as much out of it as you should.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm really excited about starting our holocaust unit as well. it's so interesting and it's funny how little about the holocaust i knew or thought. i can't wait to hear our speaker share her expierence!

Anonymous said...

I didn't really know a lot about Holocaust unit but "Night" book, I just starting like it. I have a question that, family knew it that some day they have to move in ghetto so little kid told his father that they should move in another country but why didn't they choose to move because they knew one day it's going to happen because killing Jews people it started in 1943 and that kid told his father to move in 1944 so they kind a knew it so why didn't they move? that's only question that I don't really get it. I can't wait till Thursday to hear from our speaker to share her experience with us.